Do you get tired and listless in the afternoon? The mid-afternoon slump is real. It's our body's natural response to circadian rhythms and happens to everyone.
Instead of reaching for a bag of chips or that candy bar, try making these superfood energy bites for a tasty yet nutritious mid-afternoon pick-me-up ✨
These easy, no-bake energy bites are extremely high in protein, vegan/gluten-free, and most importantly, SO delicious.
Normal energy bites are a great healthy snack to begin with, but incorporating Soleil Superfoods spirulina powder into these takes it up another level. The combination of ingredients hides the taste of the powder, and provides a sweet, lightly salted and satisfying way to eat your greens
-1 tablespoon Soleil Superfoods Organic Spirulina Powder
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (peanut/almond/cashew)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup nuts of choice (almonds, peanuts, cashews)
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. Add all ingredients except coconut into food processor and pulse until it comes together into a thick dough.
2. Roll 1" balls from the dough (using a spoon helps prevent it from sticking to your hands)
3. Roll the balls in coconut so it is fully covered
4. Place in fridge to firm up